Sunday, February 27, 2011

Too little, too late

So, here I am.. right back in this situation I promised I wouldn't get myself in again. I let someone back in, against my better judgement. And even though I haven't broken, I haven't given in, I'm still freakin frustrated!

They seem to be trying a lot harder this time. Actually, the word I would use is relentless. Which, in a way, almost makes it easier for me to reject. You didn't wanna put that effort forth last time? But it's okay because you do now? Guess what.. too damn bad. You had your chance and now it's gone. I haven't lost anything from this. I hear you're a "great friend" anyway. We'll see about that.

This probably sounds bitter. It's really not though. I'm just fed up with second, third, fourth and fifth chances. Not everyone deserves them. I can let go of the negative feelings but that is not, in any way, justifying or excusing someone doing me wrong. Forgive and forget, relive and regret. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice.. you get the point. There will be no fooling me twice. I've given up on second chances.

This weekend ended up being pretty great after all. Today was a beautiful day and I spent most of it with great friends. I feel really lucky to have them. I wish everyday could be like today. We did a lot of stupid, silly stuff that isn't even worth blogging about. I made dumb choices. What's new there? All in all, I'm happy. Back to the daily grind tomorrow. I dread it a lot less now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment