Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Round and round we go..

I'm about to bore your pants off. Are you ready?

The last 2 days, I've had to be up at 5:30 a.m. for work. The last 3 nights, I haven't been able to sleep before 12 a.m. I've been tired, moody, emotional, and all around crazy. I decided that since I can't get any sleep, I might as well get stuff done. Don't worry, I'm not gonna bore you with all the stuff I did.. but it was a lot. To reward myself, for getting stuff done and for eating better (by better I mean less.. cuz I'm too lazy to buy groceries haha), I decided to have a huge ass bowl of ice cream. And it was soooo good! The only problem is that I had this ice cream at 10:30 at night and now I'm on this crazy sugar high. I'm thinking that's probably a side effect of not drinking for almost 3 weeks. I've been sober for SO long that I'm now getting hopped up and crazy on ice cream. I'm so disgusted with myself right now, in a totally hilarious way.

So the last 4.5 hours of my work day weren't too eventful. We were short staffed, I guess, and I ended up working with infants.. again. I'm not crazy about changing diapers. I'm also not crazy about snot, spit up, or sticky hands. But I don't have much longer there.. I can deal. On a positive note, I can now do pretty much anything while holding a baby. Clean up a mess, make a bottle, feed another baby, change a tire, save the world. I'm pretty much amazing.

Therefore, I have made a decision. If I make it through this week without throwing a kid across a classroom (not likely at this point).. I'm rewarding myself this weekend. BIG TIME. With craziness, preferrably super drunk, Vegas style craziness. At this point I'm willing to settle for sober silly.. but Vegas crazy is what I'm shooting for. 2 more days, 2 more days, 2. more. days!

No comments:

Post a Comment