Saturday, January 15, 2011

I haven't lost anything except my mind..

Hello weekend :)

I'm dragging today. It turns out that drinking for 11 hours straight, until 9 a.m. the next morning, will make your body react angrily. I used to look at the kids who partied all the time and think they must have such empty lives. But whether I'm being wild and crazy or just hanging out, I've met some pretty great people and made amazing memories. I almost missed out on this part of my life. I've made some mistakes but I'm grateful that I've been able to experience this and for the lessons learned. I'm also glad I found a balance between growing up and being young. I'm pretty happy with myself right now.

I've been thinking a lot about the last year. About how much has changed, how much has stayed the same. Even though I know I'm basically the same person, I feel different. Looking back at where/who I was this time last year is like an out of body experience. I shake my head and think "silly girl.. are you ever gonna learn?" Maybe I have learned.. but I get the feeling I still have a lot of work to do. I'm up for the challenge! Operation Better Heather has begun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment