Sunday, April 3, 2011

Ice cream and cake and.. Bradley Cooper?

I never thought I'd say this.. but I'm so glad this weekend is over. Don't get me wrong, it has been GREAT. Amazing even. Friday night was one of the best nights I've EVER had out with friends. Add the fact that it was my birthday to that and I don't have a whole lot of complaints about it. I didn't get much sleep Friday night, so Saturday was a pretty lazy day and I didn't accomplish much. Some people came over that night and we hung out for a bit but I think everyone was just too tired from the night before to get wild. It was still a good time though. I did manage to get a few things done today but I've just been in a bummy mood all day. I'm not really sure why, I think I'm just overexhausted. (Is that a word?)

In order to get out of my bummy mood, I decided to text a friend to hang out. We went out for dessert, then to a movie. Apparently, ice cream is the cure for any and all things emotionally related. We saw "Limitless" with Bradley Cooper. If you haven't seen it yet, GO SEE IT. I'm always skeptical about going to see movies in theaters. One, because it's freakin expensive (especially if the movie ends up sucking) Two, because usually (mainly with funny movies) they show the good parts in the previews.. and those are the ONLY good parts. Movies are much like men, they just don't make em like they used to. Anyway, "Limitless", go see it.


I'm regretting eating ice cream at 9:30 at night. Even though I'm tired, I have these random bursts of energy and I don't see me getting much sleep tonight. This weekend, although good and crazy, also brought a lot of closure for me. I FINALLY (waaaaaay overdue) wrapped up the.. uhh, we'll call it an interaction. I'm done with the "non relationship/non friendship/over complicated and stupid" interaction from hell. I've spent a lot of time thinking about more changes I wanna make from here on out. I've had some moments of reflection on the past year. I just feel lighter, if that makes sense. All the small things that have been slowly piling on top of each other in the past few weeks, resulting in me being a walking ball of stress, just don't seem to matter anymore or have been taken care of.

I'm still a bit emotional but not for any specific reason other than I'm a girl and that's what we do, haha. I have to keep telling myself that it's because I'm tired and not to be dramatic. I seem to do much better when I'm honest, and a little mean, with myself. Funny how that works. Tomorrow is a new day and today's problems won't matter anymore :) Well.. actually it's already today, so today's problems do matter but.. okay whatever.

I guess I should probably at least attempt to sleep since I have to wake up early and pretend to be a responsible adult tomorrow. It's just not fair, why can I be 5 years old again? If only.. Happy Monday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment