Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Gaga, changes, bloggers block

So, it's been almost a week since my last post. It's funny to me that, at one time, I couldn't have ever imagined NOT blogging for a week. I used to post three times a day like an addict or something! Life has been throwing stuff at me left and right and, although I'm happy, it's been a stressful few days.

First and foremost, I have to start off with my weekend. Friday night I went to a Lady Gaga concert in Orlando with a friend. I wasn't ever really, well, "gaga" over her like a lot of people are. I liked some of her songs and thought she was a little odd but never really cared much either way. That being said.. I am now obsessed! For some reason, probably because of the strange things I've seen her do, I didn't expect her to be so real. She interacted with her fans and is actually a really great live performer. A few times, I got chills just seeing how many people were there and how into the show they were. It was definitely a  really awesome experience. An experience that we very nearly missed, by the way! We got "lost" and ended up being an hour and a half late. Luckily, we walked in, sat down and she came on 5 minutes later. So, thanks to the perfect timing and great show, Friday night ended up being pretty great.

Saturday we spent pretty much all day at the mall then went to City Walk. Our plan was to buy a pass that got us into all 6 bars/clubs and check each one out. However, when alcohol is involved, things don't always go according to plan. We made it to two places. Thanks to a lovely little drink called a "hurricane" we got completely obliterated. We ended up making new friends (I know what you're thinking, not all guys!) and all went back to our hotel room for an "epic afterparty". What ACTUALLY happened was.. we all drank a little more and passed out. The night was still insanely fun though and now we have friends in Orlando :) Sunday was, most definitely, a day of rest. Maybe not in the way it should have been.. but still.

After reading my last few posts, I've realized that my heart just hasn't been in it lately. Not for lack of things happening, just because most things going on are really personal. I absolutely cannot STAND when people complain about something, expecting you to be understanding and sympathetic, but they won't talk to you about it. It's like this, if I don't know what you're going through.. I don't know how to help you. I get that sometimes you just wanna vent without getting into all the details of something, but I find it extremely annoying when people are vague. So, I've been trying not to do that here. As a result, most of my posts end up being pretty boring and vague anyway.

I guess I'm just in a really weird state of "change" right now. Between a new job, new friends, cutting ties with old "friends".. I'm just learning that things can't, or shouldn't, always stay the same. Change is good. Change is healthy. For me, change is necessary. I have so many things I want to do and, without making some serious changes, those things aren't gonna get done. Here I go.. 1, 2, change.

2 comments:

  1. I'm jealous you got to see GaGa live. Hope you don't mind me following you, my friends Jessica & Miranda do and I see you comment sometimes =).

    ReplyDelete